- Cleveland brides are most likely to go for a Romantic look (62%) on their wedding day. Other popular wedding styles in Cleveland include: Classic, Laid Back, Rustic and Formal.
- 88% have their hair done by a professional (75% will do a trial prior to their wedding day)
- 72% have their makeup done by a professional (62% will do a trial prior to their wedding day)
- Half of Cleveland brides choose an updo, whereas only 14% of local Cleveland brides decide to wear their hair down.
- 69% of Cleveland brides opt to include a veil into their wedding day look, followed by a clip, comb or barrette.
- In terms of pre-wedding beauty procedures:
- 92% of Cleveland brides get a manicure
- 84% get a pedicure
- 58% get a haircut
- 57% get their teeth whitened
- 53% get their hair colored/highlighted
“The Cleveland bride is the quintessential classic, American beauty,” said Ashley Matho, professional makeup artist and owner of Ashley Matho On Location Makeup Artistry. “She is practical but loves quality and classic style. She chooses a classic, vintage-style dress, she wears her grandmother's earrings and her hair is simple yet elegant. I get a lot of classic eye requests that feature a classic slight contour, gel liner, natural looking false lashes and of course, flawless, natural looking skin. With the harsh lake effect climate, Cleveland brides need to prep their skin months in advance so that they can make sure they have hydrated skin and soft smooth lips.”
See some of our favorite local wedding looks in the Instagram-fueled slideshow below: